Saturday, December 10, 2011

Braid out with new products

This product was recommended by my youngest daughters grandma. It is a replica of the "Wen" shampoo. It is sulfate free and does not lather like a normal shampoo.  I bought it at Sally Beauty Supply for 12.99 which was a bit pricey for me but I had high expectations. I parted my hair and rubbed it in my scalp. It had a nice smell and made my scalp tingle a bit which made me feel it was being cleaned. I left it on in the shower for around five minutes and rinsed. My hair was very smooth and soft. The directions say you can also use a few pumps as a leave in, so I did that.  The next morning my hair was very soft and silky. If it was a longer length and had texture I may have been able to get away with no product at all or a light oil. 





While at Sallys I noticed a natural hair line by Soft Sheen Carson. They had a curl cream and I wanted to try it as a moisturizing styler. It was 7.99. Since I didn't set my hair after shampooing it, the next morning I wet my hair, added a little more Hair One as a leave in, took various sections, added the Feather Whip Curl Cream, braided it and placed a roller on the end.  This product does smell amazing. It is also a nice thick cream. 



 Actually, after a few hours I removed the rollers for fear that they would put too much of a bump on my ends.
This is the very back of my hair close to my neck that was shaved when I had my last full hair cut and style. It has grown back from nothing and is so naturally curly. I love it and hope to get my whole head to this state eventually with some length. This hair has never been processed with perms or color. I really like the size of my ringlets. Its so interesting the things we do to our hair and not realizing the pure natural beauty of it on its own.

This was my final result. The curl cream made it a bit hard like a gel, but to hold the hair pattern I assume it had to. My hair is still dry to the touch and I do not like that. Even after spraying it with the protecting mist it was still hard. It has a nice shine and I'm OK with the texture but this dryness has to go. It is causing my hair to still shed. I am still in desperate search of a product to give my hair some pure moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment