Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Baby KD box braids Day One

Tonight I took Baby KD's banding down. It came out really well. Again, for week two there is still a level of dryness when I take the bands off. I am in need of a product to do her banding with to add moisture. Leaving in the Hello Moisture and using coconut oil has not provided enough moisture. I think I will post this question to one of the blogs and see if I can get a response. 

I then parted her hair in middle size squares and did box braids. I used a good amount of Curly Q Custard on each section and braided. Her entire head took a little over an hour and I was thinking I couldn't imagine doing mini braids.  Her hair came out really cute. I felt the way the braids in the front hung in her face were a distraction so I braided one side in a french braid and placed a bow to secure. I am a little worried of how straight her braids will stay over night. But we shall see. She has a history of her braids pointing upward after sleeping on them. I think as time goes on I am going to have to teach her to sleep with a night cap on. Especially to preserve styles.  I am hoping for two weeks from this style.  Plan is to let her wear them out this first week and then start braiding them in styles the second.  Then I can work on coming up with a Christmas style.

This is a really cute style. I feel it is a protective style because there are no rubber bands, beads or barrettes being used.  This will be very low maintenance. I only plan on spraying it daily with a protective mist. This style can be accessorized with almost anything. Have fun with it! I will post an update on this in a few days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment