Saturday, July 14, 2012

Braided Mohawk Twists

This by far was one of my favorite styles doing on her! Well, this and the heart braids. See that post here. This was our style for week 3 of the protective style challenge. I had been seeing so many BEAUTIFUL pictures of these babies with mo-hawks! I loved them and knew I wanted to try one.
After doing our regular wash and condition routine I banded her hair overnight with leave in conditioner and olive oil to seal. This is what her hair looks like after banding. It stretches out her natural curl pattern and for us makes it easier to manage.
For this style I parted off a front section to create a bang. I then made an off center part straight down the middle of her head because I wanted it to be a side mo-hawk. I braided each side towards the part and then two strand twisted her hair to the tip. I used no rubber bands. The product we used to achieve this was a oil/Shea butter mixture.
Again, with this style we got lots of frizz by mid week. I took all the twists and braided them into one french braid. It always looks cute when you decorate their hair! In this picture she has a flower clipped in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment