Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mini Twist Experience

Wow! It has been awhile since I posted anything. I have luckily been keeping up with our hair care and taking pictures. I am going to re-cap some of the styles I have been doing since the protective style challenge we participated in for 5 weeks.

I have to say...I am in love with protective styling! I learned so much threw the challenge from all the other participants. It was a great way to share ideas and gain some knowledge!  Just when you think you've researched it all, you learn something new.  Our first style stayed in for two weeks because, we actually put the mini twists in a week before the challenge started.
These twists held up pretty good. If you would like to see the steps I took to achieve this style please see here.  Each day I moisturized with Bee Mine daily spray. We got frizz really quick which is not uncommon for her hair.  Please share what you do to combat frizz!

Each night she slept on a satin pillow case. Some nights I would pull in a bun to stretch and some nights I just let the twists be free. Her hair seemed to like the freedom of the twists.
In the end we did have a problem. Her hair was stuck together at the roots when I tried to take the twists down. I heard other people talk about the hair locking up. I think this is what happened. So, in the end we had more shredding than I was comfortable with and it seemed like it took a long time to completely de-tangle her hair.

Has anyone ever had this problem? What did you do to overcome it?

No comments:

Post a Comment