Monday, July 16, 2012

Teen K Month 7

7 months of growth

Teen K went from bald to curls! She did her big chop back in December and has since been letting it grow back. The original plan was to use no color but, as you can see..that went out the window. Her routine is a work in progress. She washes it about once a week and then we do a deep condition. We combine a conditioner and any oil on hand then she puts a plastic cap on and sits under the dryer for about 20 minutes. We are back and forth with products but, I always encourage her to rub in an oil after her product.
O...I forgot to mention she is now blonde. I have to admit I am responsible for all her hair color jobs. I had previously told myself I would not take part in damaging her hair again. Once I knew she was dead set on having some color I decided I would rather do it than have her attempting. I also took the time to do a good deep conditioner over night where she slept with the conditioner, oil and plastic cap. She then washed it out the next morning in the shower.
We still struggle with dryness with her for now. Her curl type is much different than Baby KDs. Her curls are much looser and larger. Any suggestions for routines or products we should look into?

No comments:

Post a Comment