Sunday, July 15, 2012

She Turned 4!

The final week of the challenge fell during the week of Baby KD's birthday. She requested princess Belle hair (her fave princess of all time)! The only thing I could come up with was a half up and half down style. I started with freshly washed and conditioned hair. Leave in conditioner and oil was added. Usually I would band overnight for a style like this but, being pressed for time I went into styling after washing using a Shea butter oil mix.

 I made one part going ear to ear. After tying the back half off I did simple corn rolls up top. I then pulled them all into a ponytail with an ouch less band. To still be in compliance with the challenge I did two strand twists in the back. I then for her birthday did a twist out.
I am so grateful to have had the chance to participate in the protective style challenge. I gained so many tips from the ladies on that page! It was a wonderful forum full of knowledge! I can tell for sure her hair has retained some length and her moisture has improved. Those were my objectives for participating and they were met! I still find myself looking on the page for any updates. Have you ever did a protective style challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment