Sunday, July 15, 2012

Corn Roll Twists

This style was another one of my loves! I was inspired by all the styles I was seeing online with the braid and twist combo. I decided to give it a try. I started off with freshly washed and moisturized hair. I then banded her hair overnight with leave in and oil. Banding the hair stretches out the natural curl pattern without using any kind of heat. I then made a part towards the top of her head that went ear to ear. After tying off the top I made another part going side to side towards the bottom of her head. I then corn rolled the bottom layer. As soon as the hair lifted off her head I began a two strand twist. I repeated these steps for the top layer of braids. Working with the top section of hair I made a slanted part and french braided each side going towards the ear. At the point the hair lifted off the head I began my two strand twist. I then gathered each side into a ponytail loosely with a black rubber band.
Each day we moisturized with a home made daily spray. I am still playing around the ingredients and will share as soon as I find one I am satisfied with. Has anyone ever made a home made daily spray? Were you happy with the results? What did you use?
Around day 5 we started having tons of frizz so I decided to attempt a twist out with this style. It was not as moisturized and defined as I would have liked it to be but, it pushed us through two more days until wash day!

2 comments:

  1. Very Cute Style. I still have yet to try this..soon though, I'm still working on my cornrows, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm also working on my cornrows lol. Please share when you do try it.

      Delete