Sunday, January 15, 2012

A Good Hair Day

It was time to style and wash Baby KD's hair.  I went with my usual wash routine that I have established works for her hair.

ROUTINE:

  1. detangle hair with fingers
  2. wash hair with sulfate free shampoo (current Aveeno sulfate free)
  3. condition with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
  4. Ring out hair with hands
  5. go to a comfortable sitting place
  6. finger detangle with coconut oil and begin to part for banding style with leave in (current Knot Today)              
fresh washed no product

banded
bands taken out
This is how the entire process looks after the wash routine.
Usually when I take her bands out her hair is dry. This time around I used Knot Today as a twisting agent. The next time around I will use it during the banding process with the coconut oil. Hopefully this combination will do well with keeping it moisturized.








My newest purchase is the Kinky Curly Knot Today. I used it on KD's hair when I twisted. The reason I am choosing to band with it and not style with it is because it seems to be a wet product. Putting it on each section caused the hair to curl up and defeated the banding purpose. BUT, her twists are sooo soft. I did make a daily spray mixture with this, coconut oil and water.   I used it on her this morning and her hair stayed moisturized all day. 

I set out to do mini twists....so, I parted in four and did one square at a time.  These are definitely not mini twists.  They are however more twists than I ever did on her.

I have found my new love in this style.  They are so soft. I am hoping they will stay in and looking fresh for two weeks. I don't know how likely that is, but we sure are going to try.  I am still struggling with a night routine. I still haven't found an item that will stay on her head the whole night. I also have not purchased a silk pillowcase. 

No comments:

Post a Comment