Thursday, January 26, 2012

Box Braids

I wanted to do a style on KD that would last over a week. I went to the style I knew would last the longest from my experience and that was box braids. They have been in since last Saturday, so about five days and they still look really good.  I did want something a bit fun so I added a few beads to the ends. I will be taking those out and moisturizing her ends and letting them hang free for the rest of the time the box braids are in.
DIRECTIONS FOR BOX BRAIDS:
Wash hair with sulfate free shampoo (aveeno)
Condition with Hello Hydration
De tangle with Knot Today leave in
Work coconut oil threw out hair
Grab small sections and braid using pure Shea butter on each braid


I am very excited that after two months of treating her hair right it now falls in beautiful ringlets to the ends. I can really tell her hair is happy!




It still has lots of frizz but, I am starting to think that is just part of her hair type. My hair is also really frizzy...so maybe it is just time to embrace it until I am proven otherwise.
Freshly washed, no product









The box braids are growing on me. I must say they have not been my favorite style. I feel like they always come out a bit scalpy but, I am also going to learn to embrace them because they are a great go to style that I can depend on lasting over a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment