Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Hair Wash Routine for Baby KD

   Tonight was the most pleasant hair washing experience I have had with my baby in the last three years. She screams like no other when getting her hair washed!! I was convinced something happened at birth when the nurse washed her up until tonight. I changed locations from the tub to the sink. It was a much better position for the both of us. I rolled a towel up and placed it under her neck. I used Panteen Smooth to wash twice with. (This was after I finger detangled her hair while dry before the wash). Then I used Herbal Essence Hello Hydration conditioner. I ran my fingers threw it a few times to detangle again and rinsed. I squeezed the water out of her hair instead of rough towel drying it. She was tear free!!


   I started with a part that went ear to ear, added some coconut oil and finger detangled before running a wide tooth comb threw it.  I then banded her hair all the way down and did the same thing on the top in two sections. In the end she had three banded sections.

  Tomorrow for school will be a quick style. Can not wait to get products because at this time I do not have a moisturizer or styler to use in her hair for the morning quick style. I will have to resort to the Mayonnaise and Honey product I have been using. It is nice smelling but I still have issues with dryness using it.  After school I plan on doing my first style on her. I am currently still doing a little last minute research but I will be posting pics tomorrow because she has picture day on Thursday. Cant wait!!


Off subject...I will be doing an organizing project with her hair stuff. It is a mess I notice now that I am focused on hair care. I was almost embarrassed to post, but hey! we all start somewhere right?

No comments:

Post a Comment