Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cornrows with 3 strand twists

   I didn't get a chance to take pictures of how Baby KD's hair came out after banding last night. It for sure stretched it on the bottom half mostly. Her hair is so thick that next time I will do more sections on top. Her hair did feel really soft, so I think I am set for the conditioner. We will be staying with Hello Hydration by Herbal Essence. I caught wind of a tip to not fully rinse it out, so I will be trying that next week. I just placed her hair in two twists today for school. (still need accessories).
   Tonight when I combed her hair down there was still a level of dryness that I am destined to tackle. I need to come up with a routine that works and stick to it.  Still waiting for the money to go product shopping.  Hopefully a constant routine and moisturizing as well as de-tangling at all levels will be what her hair needs. 
  I searched under my sink threw all the old products I have purchased over the past. I came across two that were at the level I want to start using. Tonight I used Tiny Twirls daily moisturizing styler.
   

I only used this product once before. I attempted to let her wear her hair out. I remember not liking it because it did not make her hair hang down with curls like I imagined and it left her hair sort of crunchy. But, now with my new knowledge of washing, de-tangling and moisturizing I decided to give it another try. I first used coconut oil on the parted section and then used this product on each piece where the twist would be along with on her corn rolls. I then soaked the rubber bands in coconut oil and sectioned off squares starting at the back of her head. I first attempted sister twists for this style which was inspired by Beads, Braids, Beyond.  I could not get the sister twists, so I resorted to a three strand twist that I ended up loving much more than the two strand I normally do. I then did a few braids on the side and top. I do need to improve on my corn rolls but, it served its purpose just fine tonight. I added a few beads on the ends to match her shirt for tomorrow and she was done. Total style took about one hour.
 
I do worry about what kind of spray to use daily, but I do hope to be product shopping with in the next few days.  I am hoping this style lasts at least 5 days and then plan on keeping the braids and letting her so a twist out all over for two days. So total days 7. I will be doing an update on day three to how things are holding up. 

Over all I love this style. Next week I plan on doing box braids and trying out Curly Q's custard, which is the other product I had under the sink. She asked me to take this picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment