Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cornrows and Beads

This is what I gathered together to get ready for baby KD's braids that will be in for atleast the next week.  The coconut and sesame seed oils were mixed in a spouted bottle and used as a moisturizer, then sealed in with a bit of Cantu. This is our first time using sesame seed oil.
I really need to improve my braiding skills. I am eager to learn, so I watched a few Youtube videos.  I picked up a few really good tips. I really liked a lady named 101LadyT. 
I am fond of beads. Shaped ones, colorful ones and all. I think they are so cute on little girls hair. BUT..I do not like the feel of KD's ends when the beads and rubber bands come off. For this reason, we will be leaving beads in about 3-4 days. I also purchased a beader. LOVED it. It made it so easy to add the beads.

Here she is! She is letting everyone know how old she is. I cant believe how time flies. I have noticed tons of growth and improvement in her hair. I am so glad I took the time to learn how to take care of her hair. You have to deal with either way, so why not make hair time manageable for both of you, and deal with healthy hair! 





































No comments:

Post a Comment